It never ceases to amaze me the beautiful way God orchestrates friendships. Some friendships last for years and some just for a season. Regardless, God is always faithful to bring people into our lives with a purpose. Sometimes that purpose can be momentary and yet in another way can be the perfect compliment in our time of need.
Have you ever met someone that you knew as a divine appointment? You know what I mean. Someone who seems to have come out of nowhere with no announcement just one day the two of you meet and Bingo!!, it was friendship at first sight?
These wonderful 'appointments' in our lives both feed us emotionally and spiritually. They are God's hands and feet that come to bring joy when we're downcast, encouragement during times of distress and security when we feel alone. The epitome of God's love can be found in one who gives freely of themselves, caring and considering another, always there to lend a listening ear with a genuine concern for our well being.
Jesus had many friends but have you ever evaluated the people in your own life?
- The VIP's are very important people or those you are developing for leadership roles. You share with them your vision for ministry. They are quite reliable and grow daily in responsibility.
- There are also VTP's or very teachable people. These are younger Believers who were open to learning and will be the leaders of tomorrow.
- VNP's are very nice people and are wonderful to be around but they make no difference as far as the spiritual life of others is concerned. Our lives may be very full of VNP's.
- The most draining, however, of people are the VDP's or the very draining people. They are the ones who create a negative balance in relationships. They need constant advice, or problem solving and they give nothing in return -- sometimes not even a "thank you" or smile.
While Christ spent time with all four kinds of people, with whom did He devote most of His time during three years of ministry? I love that Jesus calls us His friend. I want to always be the kind of friend He is glad to be with.
The Beauty Of My Friend
My friend is someone special to me,
The one who gently covers a need.
Always through love it's Jesus I see,
A smile from heaven in word and in deed. br/8/08
GBY! Barbara :)
- This biog is an extension of HOPE Ministry and "The Secret Place" -- if it has sown a blessing into your life please consider sowing back into the ministry at the website link below: