- Love for one another isn't simply a choice we make, it's a command. John 13:34 states, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another" NKJV Love is a verb, it is selflessness in action. Our motivation should be simple - love one another because Jesus loved us.
Look at one another through the eyes of God.
Open your heart to receive others - the good, the bad and the ugly; just as Jesus did.
Validate the good qualities within every person you meet.
Extend a hand to help, to comfort and to hold the weak and the brokenhearted.
- The opposite of pride, humility seeks not the promotion of oneself but that of others. Humbly submit your agenda to God and learn to serve others - imagine what an hour of your time spent with a young teen being raised by a single mother will do for his or her self-worth when you humbly yield your time for the welfare of another.
- Working together for the good of the whole (neighborhood) provides a sense of family through a spirit of acceptance and grace. Cooperation fosters harmony and unity and builds self-esteem. Knowing others are willing to work with us and not against us ignites and empowers tremendous feelings of acceptance and love.
- A simple "thank you" gets great mileage! We feel appreciated when we know someone expresses gratitude. This gratitude in turn impresses upon our soul [emotions, feelings] a sense of value within our community and neighborhood.
- Approval by others promotes self respect, self esteem and self worth along with the willingness to be a team member. When we accept others as they are and where they are our world is able to expand, our hearts grow rich in love and our minds [how we look at things] no longer shut out others simply because we do not understand. Remember; just because we don't understand something doesn't necessarily mean it is wrong - for one reason or other, AND to the person who operates in that paradigm.
GBY! Barbara :)
- This biog is an extension of HOPE Ministry and "The Secret Place" -- if it has sown a blessing into your life please consider sowing back into the ministry at the website link below: